Evolved from the TVR M Series, the Taimar was the first hatchback by TVR and was introduced at the 1976 British International Motor Show. Between 1976 through 1979, TVR produced 395 naturally-aspirated Taimars and 30 Turbo Taimars.
A few specifications for the naturally-aspirated Taimar:
- Top speed of 121 mph (195 km/h)
- 0-60 mph: 7.7 sec
- Engine: Ford 3.0 liter (2,994 cc) Essex, 60 degree V6 pushrod engine with two valve per cylinder, naturally aspirated, cast iron block and heads.
- Compression ratio of 9.0:1
- Carbureted by a twin-choke Weber 38
- 138 bhp at 5,000 rpm and 192 lb·ft torque at 3,000 rpm
- Transmission – 4-speed manual, optional overdrive